Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

RAGE!!!!!!!!!!

Alright, picked up RAGE on tuesday, and I have not put it down for a second. At first I didn't think I was going to enjoy this game, but I am highly addicted to it!

The fallout like feel mixed with the mission system and the amount of unlockable/buyable/buildable items in the game makes this game shine.

Now, as I am playing through getting my achievements I have noticed one thing, areas tend to lock up after you complete the missions associated with them, so if there are any collectibles or schematics/recipes in the area make sure to get them before leaving as you will not be able to get them again.

The JACKPOT! achievement for getting 4 target symbols in the first round of Tombstones is entirely pure luck, it only took me about 45 minutes of spamming the a button to get the achievement to pop(while i got 4 targets during every other round making me want to pull my hair out) but have been reading on the forums about how others spent hours or have yet to get it. Luck is all it is, skills got nothin' to do with it.

Now, I have been farming the hell out of the MUTANT BASH TV, after completing it in the campaign you have the option of playing it again and again and again. Excellent for farming money and ammo from it. You can literally sit down for about 30 or so minutes and easily walk out with enough to fill all your ammo up and buy recipes/schematics plus ingredients to build them.

For the TINKERER and ARTS AND CRAFTS achievements you can easily buy 50 of both the cloth bandages and antiseptic(available at both the Outfitters in Wellspring or at Hagars) and choose the build all option, after exiting the build screen give it a couple seconds and it will pop both or just one for you depending on if you had ARTS AND CRAFTS or not when you started. These will come in handy throughout your playthrough and be a lifesaver in a pinch.

For the achievements PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE, THREE BIRDS ONE BOMB CAR, KEEP 'EM COMING, and MECHANOCIDE you can easily build a whole bunch of sentry bots, turrets, and rc bomb cars and use them during your spamming of MUTANT BASH TV and eventually you will get them. I got the first 3 the very first time attempting to get them on the first stage of the tv show. MECHANOCIDE will take you slightly longer being at 100 kills combined on all 3 methods but if dedicated it will only take you a couple hours if that.

I have 19 achievements so far from this game and can easily see myself finishing this up fairly quickly at this pace.

I won't spoil it but the IT'S GOOD achievement will make you chuckle during it, I actually got my ATV stuck on a siderail and threw a grenade to try to dislodge it and wound up disintegrating  it and having to call for a tow in order to get it back shiny and new. Best to do this achievement on Sunday during halftime...

Just some tips and tricks I have discovered along the way, more to come as I play through.

Shane Syndrome over and out going back to my angry Cuprino and its homing missiles....

No comments:

Post a Comment