Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Achievement Haul 1/10/2012...Or my Rise to 55k

Today(or yesterday now) was actually a very productive day. Despite being bogged down with crazy amounts of housework and all sorts of family drama I felt increasingly motivated. I didn't set out to make my gaming count as much as it did, yet here I am staring back at 55k. A feat I figured I wouldn't have reached until the end of the month if I had continued on my slump. Well all lazy things must come to an end...On to the point of this post...

I played numerous games today, some I gained score in, others I made progress towards some that will aid me at a later date.

The totals for today(while not my best) are as follows:

Burnout CRASH!

This game takes me back to the old days. To the days when I played my PS2 all night and before achievements existed. This installment of the Burnout series is a play on the Crash mode of Burnout 3: Takedown along with a new twist and a new viewpoint. It reminds me why I used to love the series, and why I used to buy every game the day of release(this has since faded I despised the installments of the Burnout series on the 360). For an arcade game this is a game with substance, and for the 10 dollar(800msp) price-tag it feels at home. I bought this on sale for 400msp or 5 dollars. It is an absolute steal at that price. With over 270 stars to collect through 3 different modes of crashing this game will keep you busy for quite some time. The inventive achievements can sometimes be frustrating but not so much that you want to throw your controller out a window or through the tv.

Achievements Gained Today:
2 for 20G

Set 'Em Up, Knock 'Em Down for 10G
Blast Zone for 10G

Total Gamerscore Gained in Burnout CRASH!:
8 for 60G

CSI: Fatal Conspiracy

This was a pickup from Gamefly a couple months back when they had a massive sale. It is the same point and click boring unbelievable plot line that has come to be expected from the CSI gaming franchise. As a show I love it, as a game it is fair. Be warned you should really follow a guide in order to make this as painless as possible. Otherwise you will find yourself replaying levels and wanting to kill yourself for missing one little thing. Xbox360Achievements.org has an amazing roadmap and guide along with numerous level specific guides for 100 percent completion. 

Achievements Gained Today:
15 for 630G

Boss Fight for 15G
CSI: Fatal Conspiracy for 90G
Smoke the Hive for 90G
All Washed Up for 30G
He Said, She Said for 30G
Tapped Out for 30G
Human Polygraph for 90G
I Like to Watch for 15G
A Tough Job for 30G
Sunday, Sunday, Sunday! for 90G
Planting Evidence for 30G
Fool Me Oncer for 15G
Can't Get Fooled Again for 30G
Research Grant for 30G
Under the Hood for 15G

Total Gamerscore Gained in CSI: Fatal Conspiracy:
21 for 760G

MOH Airborne

This game is rough, well probably not for those who normally play war based shooters, and can take alot out of you. I do not play these types of games often and when I do I tend to find myself wanting to jump off a cliff. I'm sure if I played more often I would improve but I only marginally enjoy these types of games and they tend to be a passing mood for me. This is still one of the best WWII games I have played and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good game based in that time period. Besides, any game that has an achievement for kicking a grenade at an enemy and killing him with it is good in my book.

Achievements Gained Today:
14 for 165G

Weapon Handler for 25G
Paestum Ruins for 20G
Shoot to Kill for 10G
Death From Above for 10G
Greased Landing for 5G
In Yer Face! for 20G
Village of Adanti for 15G
Homerun! for 10G
Tick-tick-BOOM! for 20G
Purple Heart for 10G
Pop-n-Drop for 5G
Jump Training for 5G
Flared Landing for 5G
Go Go Go! for 5G

Total Gamerscore Gained in MOH Airborne:
14 for 165G

Full House Poker:

This game is fun...sheer simulated gambling fun! I also picked this up on sale for 400msp. Seems to be a growing trend around here. I have had the Windows Phone version since its release and the experience and chips gained there transfer over to the console version every time you login. So you can earn on the go and rank up next time you sign in at home. It makes it much easier to get the level 50 achievement. It is nice to see the integration of my phone and my console to my knowledge Fable Coin Golf also does this and I'm certain a couple of other titles do it as well.

Achievements Gained Today:
4 for 45G

I Hate ATM Fees for 20G
Gone Fishing for 10G
Ding! Grats! for 5G
Ding! Double Digits! for 10G

Total Gamerscore Gained in Full House Poker:
4 for 45G

Daily Totals:
Achievements:35
Gamerscore:860G

Gamerscore Total:
55,179G 
(I despise games with uneven gamerscore achievements...Gotta find something to even this score back out)

If I can keep turning in days like this I can easily break through the 100K mark before May. Now to only keep up the motivation. I have a backlog that would scare any gamer out of their chair. Maybe all that variety will keep me putting up big numbers...Here's to hoping...

No comments:

Post a Comment