Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Leapfrog Day 8....or how I remembered I had a computer...

Day 8 has officially come and gone here in the Lou.  It was uneventful to say the least, except for the fact that I happened to look down at 3am and notice I had a perfectly good computer...how is that relevant? Why it has Games For Windows Live...not just one or two but I have stacks sitting around waiting for me to love them. I also have a wired controller via usb for these games, why am I not using them? I actually sat down at the PC and started playing of course knowing I would get achievements made it better, as did the netflix playing on my iMac right next to it.

Now first up in a string of long under-loved games was Fable III, now I bought this months ago when it was on sale at Target. I played it for about 3 seconds and tossed it in the pile of PC games otherwise known as where games go to die in this house. I was busy doing another playthrough on the Xbox at the time and just didn't care I suppose, that was back in September so it has been a few months and I guess my brain finally felt ready to go back to Albion. 7 for 70G.

Halo Wars, If you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all I suppose...it just isn't my cup of tea is more appropriate a term but eh. 1 for 5G.

I loaded up Tinker but the cute little confused robot just sadly was not enough to keep my attention....poor unloved, unoiled, little piece of scrap metal.

This next game was one that happened to hold my heart in long eras past. One in which achievements didn't exist. Now it isn't the same game but the latest in a series. Age of Empires Online. I bought the premium Greek civilization on launch day and shortly after purchased the Egyptian. I have barely touched the Egyptian at all but I have shown some love to the Greeks. This also was back in September, something about that month screamed play the PC or something. I finally got a co-op partner and finally got a friend on the same server. I actually feel accomplished. I rarely ever go out of my way to play a game with someone on my list of my own accord, generally they are sending me requests. This time around I was the one doing the requesting, it felt nice and warm all over. I hope it was as good for them as it was for me. 2 for 35G.


Now I know how I went on about how I despise Kingdoms of Amalur doing this day 1 dlc online pass shit. But a copy arrived at my doorstep today and I won't exactly complain about not paying for something...therefore I will indeed play it. When I'm not sure. Will it be soon? You can probably bet your ass on it.

Also I downloaded the new Final Fantasy XIII-2 dlc today and will most likely be giving it a go in the next few days. I'm actually excited to be able to play as Lightning and of course play against her too. *Giggles like a schoolgirl in the corner*


Day 8 Leapfrog Wrap-up:
Achievements Needed For Pass: 8
Achievements Earned Today:10
Challenge Status: Pass

Gamerscore Earned in Leapfrog Total: 1642G
Gamerscore Earned Today: 110G

No comments:

Post a Comment